- I am a regular contributor to forum discussions on film-tech.com
- Planetary Projection
- Virtual International Authority File (my VIAF number is 42119442)
I have made the conscious decision not to register on or use Facebook and Twitter. This is for three essential reasons.
- Social media is not “free” – you pay for it with personal information, which can then be used in ways that aren’t necessarily in your best interests.
- By running your own website and paying for its hosting, you remain in complete control of the information you put on the web about yourself. You are guaranteed to be able to take anything you like down, should you wish or need to, and you retain ownership of the copyright to it. By uploading personal data to a social media site, you are handing it over to that site’s owners.
- There have been numerous, and in some cases highly publicised instances of people writing stuff on Facebook and Twitter that they then live to regret. If it’s on your own site, at least you can live to remove it from the Internet, too.
The main text of this page was initially written on February 13, 2014, and last updated on March 3, 2014.